- Access/Central venous catheters of all types
- Radiofrequency Endovenous Ablation/MOCA/Phlebectomy/Sclerotherapy – treatment options available for varicose veins
UMI (Ultra Minimally Invasive)
This specific technique was thought of by Dr. Serrano himself. It incorporates the advanced techniques of robotics and laparoscopy to produce a cosmetic outcome far superior to both, with less risk and reduced cost. It is an option, but because of it’s high level of technicality there are more provisions on who can be a candidate. Dr. Serrano can help you make this decision.
Minimally invasive surgery performed via micro incisions for various surgical dilemmas.
Dr. Serrano can perform the following surgeries larascopically:
- Colectomy: Removal of a segment of the large intestine for adenoma, diverticulitis, or tumor
- Ventral Herniorrhaphy: Surgery for the repair of defects in the anterior abdominal wall using mesh
- Splenectomy: Removal of the spleen for all indications
- Inguinal Herniorrhaphy: Repair of groin defect using mesh
- Cholecystectomy: Removal of the gallbladder for stones or dysfunction of the gallbladder
- Appendectomy: Removal of the appendix for disease and/or inflammation
- Adhesiolysis: Cutting down of internal scar tissue for bowel obstruction or chronic abdominal/pelvic pain
Visualization of the large intestine with videoscope for surveillance/diagnosis or treatment
Advanced treatment of varicosed venules within the anus using harmonic scalpel to produce an effective, long lasting and reproducible effect.
Advanced treatment of gallstones using UMI (Ultra Minimally Invasive).
- Melanoma – Excisional surgery with or without skin grafts and sentinel node
- Excisions of moles, cysts, lipomas, and skin tags
- Pilonidal Cystectomy – Excisional surgery for infected or inflamed tailbone cyst
- Earlobe Reconstruction
- Stereotactic Mammotome – Micropuncture surgery for the biopsy of breast lesion seen on mammogram
- Mammosite Insertion – Treatment with breast quadrantectomy or breast conservation surgery
- Modified Radical Mastectomy – Breast and node removal for advanced breast disease. Reconstruction (done by plastic surgeon at same surgery)
- Simple Mastectomy - Breast mound removal. Also indicated for male Gynecomastia.
- Gastrectomy – removal of sections or whole stomach for disease/tumor
- Feeding tubes – insertion for malnutrition or failure to thrive