About Dr. Johnny Serrano, F.A.C.O.S.
General Surgeon, Varicose Vein Specialist
Dr. Serrano’s Academic Biography is as follows:
- Undergraduate Degree: Major in Biology/Minor in Chemistry, Wilkes University (Pennsylvania)
- Surgical Residency – Weill Cornell Medical Center/Wyckoff Heights Medical Center (New York)
- Chief Surgical Resident (two consecutive terms)
- Preceptor for Medical Schools – AZCOM (AZ) / NYCOM (NY)
- Board Certified General Surgeon
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS)
- Selected into Top Surgeons of America 2007
- Medical School – P.C.O.M. Philadelphia
Dr. Serrano is dedicated to providing the best care possible to each and every one of his patients. He continuously keeps abreast of the newest, and latest technology, and specializes in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive techniques. Dr. Serrano is one of the first accredited pioneering general surgeons in Robotics and robotic assisted surgey. Dr. Serrano now employs UMI, or Ultra Minimally Invasive surgery, which provides to the patient a single visible micro-incision as opposed to traditional multiple incision sites. Continued education is very important to Dr. Serrano, who partakes in annual training courses, providing his patients with the most up-to-date and current modalities in surgery to treat various ailments.
When you entrust your surgery to Dr. Serrano, a leading varicose vein specialist in Phoenix, you have the assurance that the procedure is being performed by an experienced professional. In almost a decade of practice, Dr. Serrano has performed over 5,000 laparoscopic surgeries. Dr. Serrano affirms that he does not use physician assistants, nurse practitioners, residents, or fellows to perform surgeries. He and only he will perform each surgery from start to finish.